My Sins against Gender-Stereotypes

on Thursday, July 1, 2010

I got tagged by Comfy and Smitha to write about  ‘My Sins against Gender-Stereotypes’. which was created by the super blogger IHM 


Here goes my list of 10 things that I have done which I am not supposed to as a woman:
1. I like being in control of every trip, thing that I do. I don't relinquish control that easily :) I take charge of everything.
2. I have stayed alone for more than a year and enjoyed that phase of life. 
3. I don't wear make up that often and detest jewellery. I prefer a jeans and T-shirt any day to  salwars, saris etc
4. I like to read manuals of gadgets and make sure I make maximum usage of the gadget.
5. I love searching for deals for electronic items.
6. I hate heels and do not own a single pair of high-heeled shoe. I think most of the girls will hit me for this :)
7. I like driving because it makes me feel I am independent. I hate depending on anyone for anything.
8. I can change bulbs, fix things with a screw driver - a general handy man of sorts.
9. I like to explore and see around more than anyone. I like to go for walks and check what is around to do.
10. I have a knack to find coupons to use for most of the expensive things that I buy.




And now for the tough part. I’ve got to tag people. Apparently according to IHM, if you read this and you don’t take the tag up , you are  - ‘cursed to wear blue pants if you are a woman and pink shirts if you are a man – for next twelve years’.
Because everyone I know already has been tagged, I tag everyone who reads this blog :) 

8 comments:

Titaxy said...

I love driving too. :) And I hate hate jewelery, make up and such :)

Mridula said...

Doli I too don't have a single high heel shoe, ever! I will twist my ankle if I wore them. :D

Doli said...

@Titaxy - heheheh me too! same pinch :)
@Mridula - hehe same here.. that's the reason I don't wear them. I'm very prone to twisting my ankle with flat heeled shoes. I wonder if I wore high heeled shoes, I would be in crutches permanently!

BlueMist said...

nice :-)No heels, no make up for me ! Comfort comes first for me be it clothes or be it shoes.

Anonymous said...

I love searching for deals for electronic items too! (Even if I am not going to buy them)

Doli said...

@BlueMist - How true! Same here..
@CelestialRays - heheheh :) I do the same too. I just like to check what deals are available

Anonymous said...

Sorry..am a little late here..but am so happy to see you took the tag.. :)

With you on planning a trip..love for driving..and no makeup and jewelery..

Doli said...

@Comfy - Thank you for your kind comments! :)