The mistress of spices - Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni

on Thursday, July 8, 2010

This was a good read. It starts out with the Tilo who is made a mistress of spices in California and how she uses spices to heal everyone. She is not allowed to touch the people she talks to. But one fine day, a guy comes in and she gets carried away with him. I did not like the love angle as such. But the description of each spice in each chapter and the way it is used to heal people, I somehow felt convinced that spices have powers heheh :) I liked it but not as much as Palace of Illusions.

5 comments:

Mridula said...

I think there is a movie by the same name?

starry eyed said...

I liked it too...didn't love it. And yeah I did wonder if these spices truly have that much power!

Doli said...

@Mridula - Yep, Aishwarya Rai is the Mistress of Spices in the movie.
@Starry eyed - yeah.. even I started thinking about it

Anonymous said...

I read it a while back..did not like how it ended..as if she did not know how to wrap it so came up with something to end it all ..

Doli said...

@Comfy - hehe I too felt the same way :)