I thought perhaps the sequel might not be good since the first book was really nice. But this was good too. In this part, Sudha has left her husband since his mother doesn't want a girl and Anju has miscarried her son. Sudha goes to US to console Anju and also to find a better life for herself. Anju's husband has feelings for Sudha and this turns into a web of desire.
Labels: Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni, sister
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I am wondering how this one would end?
@Mridula - very different from what you would imagine.. I liked that!
Somehw, I felt she hs turned a bit filmy with these books :) I did like Sister of My Heart but am not sure if I wud like to read Vine of Desire :) :)
I became a huge fan of CBD after I red Palace of Illusions. I'm reading Mistress of spices currently.
Was planning to buy Sister of my Heart once I finished reading MOS. Now after reading your review will pick Vine of Desire too.
Thanks for the review, Doli :)
Reading some great books and thinking of you Doli. Sent you a mail the other day, to say hello. All well?
How did you like it? I did not like the book too much.. For some reason, I could not understand the motivation of the characters...
@Swaram - I feel you can skip 'Vine of Desite'. I didnt like it much.
@Deeps - Same pinch. I just finished reading Mistress of Spices. Sister of my Heart is nice but I didn't like Vine of Desire much. I would suggest you to check a copy out from your library to read. Even I like CBD too!
@Corinee - Do send me your list of books. I would love to see if I can borrow them from the library here
@Smitha - Me too - even I couldn't appreciate the view points of the main characters there :(
I had mixed reactions to this book. Wanted to shake both Anju n Sudha sometimes...but most of the story is very believable and common. But just don't get the sari business...who wears saris in US? Even 10 years ago?
@Starry eyed - heheh me too! I wanted to shake both the sisters up. What were they thinking when they were doing certain things!
Post a Comment