The Konkans - Tony D'Souza

on Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I enjoyed the beginning of this book. It is a nice one with customs from Mangalore basically Konkan people (people who speak Konkani). Towards the end, it dragged out a bit. This is a story of Babu who is the firstborn son of his father (father is also a firstborn son) and of his brother Samuel. Babu marries a white lady and goes to the US after sometime. His two brothers follow along shortly. It is a tale of Babu through his son's eyes. Good one!

4 comments:

Mridula said...

So where are those pictures? Is there snow around your area too?

Doli said...

Which pictures? Yep total snow storm with icy rain! Been pretty bad just before Christmas.. hope it gets better soon.

Mridula said...

Hey but won't it make for nice pictures, snow I mean. In one of the previous comments you said you will take and post some pictures, those pictures. :D

Doli said...

Ohhh I will try to upload some next week. Been busy during Xmas :)