Philippa de Beauchamp hears that she is to marry William de Bridgport, "a fat old man with no teeth, and a paunch," she flees from home but somehow ends up as a prisoner to Dienwald de Fortenberry. The young woman's spinning and weaving skills, as well as her ability to read and calculate, soon earn her the household's esteem and the position of steward. She soon falls in love with him but her cousin Sir Walter de Grasse learns a secret about Philippa's past and tries to marry her. I did not like this book because I found it very crude. I would not recommend this book to anyone!
Labels: Catherine Coulter, Romance
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I can see that you have a lot of reviews but at the moment I am so caught up. :(
I'll take your word for it. I had to go back 3-4 months worth of blog posts to find a book you've read that I have too, and I can say that I approve very much of your choices. I dislike crudely written books.
@Mridula - that's okay. Hope everything is resolved at your end now
@Uninvoked - Let me know which books you would suggest to read. i would love to hear suggestions!
Post a Comment