Indu cleverly potrays various insights into Indian society through this compilation of stories. In one, it is the story of an Indian girl who is adopted by an American couple and her real birth mother's sister writes to her later on after twenty years or so. Another is about a couple and their weird son Bikaner and how he cheats on them. Another is about a old couple who have nowhere to live after their 12 kids do not care for them. Hence they are sent to a retirement home. Different stories like this make this book. I was hoping for more actually that maybe the stories will come together in the end. I liked it, but not too much!
Labels: Indian, Indu Sundaresan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The adoption stories grab my attention these days!
:) Yep, I thought of you while reading the story!
Post a Comment