Things about me……

on Friday, January 15, 2010


…………..that you may or may not know, but are true. Yup! that’s the tag passed on from Colormesunshine. The rules are:

Tell your readers 10 things about you that they may or may not know, but are true..
Tag 10 people with the award, and be sure to let them know they’ve been tagged (a quick comment on their blog will do).
Link back to the blogger who tagged you.

Ohh my! 10 things that people don't know about me :) That's very difficult task :)

1. I love cooking and trying out new recipes. I'm a sucker for food blogs and love love the way people give helpful tips while creating a dish
2. I prefer not sleeping during the day. I hateeeeee sleeping during afternoon on weekends. I feel it's a waste of time
3. I like doing things like knitting, cross stitching. Most of my friends find it a weird trait in a computer engineer ;) (I'm currently knitting a multi directional diagonal scarf :) I will put up a picture sometime this week)
4. I loveeeeeeeee eating. I'm trying to control my weight but I can't seem to eat in moderation all the time!
5.I like travelling and seeing new places. I've seen almost all the places in US now. You name it, I've been there :) I would love to see Europe and Australia.
6. I have to-do lists for every single thing to do - while visiting places, while going to the grocery, while moving house. You name it and I have the list. I think I have OCD sometimes! I can't leave things half done in between.

I can't think of any more right now but will add as it comes to mind :)

I would like to pass this tag to many people but have just selected 10 now that come to mind:
Monika - I'm so impressed by her determination to lose weight! I would love to hear new things about her
Asaan - I like her super saver tips. I'm so jealous of the things that she gets in thrift stores. After seeing her stuff, I'm planning to go to the thrift stores when I need to buy some stuff.
Soyfeliz - He's a good friend but I would still like to know some new stuff about him that no one knows!
Raj - Would like to hear what things people don't know about him. He's a very straight forward person.
Shilpa - Oh her dishes are so yummy and so typical of Mangalore. She recently put up posts about breadfruit and my memories of my mom's awesome curry made me almost cry!
Chandni - I'm a avid reader of her blog. She's really nice and has lovely posts!
Choxbox - Like her family and the way she writes about them
Sundar - Oh the posts about his missus and his two sweet kids! I love them and wait to see his next post. I'm going to try his Mysore pak recipe soon!
Swaram - I like her sweet simple logical way of posting. Her posts are really good and I keep waiting for her next one!
Kiran - I like both her blogs http://thirtysixandcounting.wordpress.com and http://karmickids.blogspot.com/. I love the tales about the brat and stuff he does hehehhe Would like to hear from her




11 comments:

'A' said...

Very nice Doli :). Lol can't believe you stopped at 6 only :D kinda funny. I'm so like you on 4 and 5. Which part of US do you live in? And knitting wow....I learnt how to knit in school but the only thing I can knit is a socks and of course a muffler :). Not done that since then.

Really nice to know more about you :)

Doli said...

heheh I couldn't think of anything past 6 points :) I live in Iowa. What about you? Oh I'm trying to knit a hat next for this winter.

Monika said...

1 am same on 1,2, 5, 6

i hate anything that comes in the boundary of 3... can't hold a needle to save my life and the broken buttons on my shirts are actually stiched by hubby ;-)

oh and how much how much i have struggled with 4 i know what u mean

and only 6?

and i did the tag recently here is it

http://monikamanchanda.wordpress.com/2010/01/11/its-all-about-me/

Swaram said...

Hey thanks a lot Doli for the tag :)
I did this just a few days back :)
http://thesongoflife.wordpress.com/2010/01/12/just-me-2/

1,5 and 6 - me ditto :)

3 - I so wanna get to doing them too ... waiting to c ur work :)

Mridula said...

And you never post pictures from all the places you have been to :( I thought you read books all the time! :P

Doli said...

@Monika and Swaram - thank you! :)

@Mridula - man am I lazy! I don't remember to put pictures up. I love books more :) heheh

Choxbox said...

Thanks and will simply need to point you to an old post of mine :)
(will dig it out of old blog and post it in the new one soon)

Reflections said...

Congrats on the award!!!!

I too love cross stitch..not the types where u start froms scratch, I like those which come with a pictures with lots of multi-colored thread;-D
Knitting...wow. U must put up all what u have made.

Doli said...

@Choxbox- oh sure that will work too! you can put up some new things too that we dont know :)

@Reflections - ooo i also love the same kind of cross stitch.. yep I will try to put up the pics soon

Anonymous said...

We are like opposites..I love to sleep..anytime night or day I can sleep within seconds.. Not too fond of cooking..Don't like knitting..

Cool to know so much more about you.. :)

Doli said...

@comfortablynam - :)