Hidden Places - Lynn Austin

on Monday, December 1, 2008

Ohhh I started reading this book while travelling this weekend and I just could not keep it down. I just love this author's style of writing. She has a very feminine way of writing i.e. with emotions. I was upset, sad, happy and felt all the emotions while reading this book.

The story is about a young lady who is recently widowed and has now to take care of a fruit orchard. She has no idea of what to do and how to handle an orchard. It is also the story of an aunt who seems sane and insane at the same time. It is also the story of a man, a person who comes in their time of a need, who is seen as an angel to their prayers. The story is told through four different views and it is during the Great Depression when times were hard.

I don't know what attracted me to pick this book from the library. Perhaps the cover which I liked or the title which sounded promising :) or probably the wish that I also want to go to a hidden place and be there for a while, away from this world of mixed happiness and sorrow.
I plan on reading few more books from this author since I am so delighted with her style of writing. Will keep you posted on it :)

2 comments:

mridula said...

You manage to read lot! Sounds like an inetersting story! And I think the idea of running away always seems very attractive!

Doli said...

Yeah even I think so too :) Running away to a nice cosy place somewhere