The Outlander - Gil Adamson

on Monday, November 24, 2008

One of the weirdest novels I have ever read. I kept on waiting and waiting and waiting for something to happen but alas nothing exciting happens :(

Was so disappointed with the storyline. It is basically about a lady who kills her husband and who is now running away from her two brothers-in-law who are twins :)

She meets various characters on the way and that is how the story enfolds. I was very much disappointed with this novel. Probably the author meant for the book to be that way :)

At times, I wonder if the lady is insane or sane. No idea and I still have no idea even after reading the entire novel.

If someone could explain the objective of this novel to me, it would be great :)

Note : Checked for the meaning of the word "Outlander". Here is what I found - a person who comes from a foreign country; someone who does not owe allegiance to your country

2 comments:

Mridula said...

I am wondering was there a strong provocation to murder her husband? I mean why murder someone, just run away :D

Doli said...

@ Mridula - Heheh even i was confused. I believe he was having affairs with many women and was having sex with her thinking about them. I think that was the reason she murdered him. It was very unclear. :) I still am thinking about the book and its motive