It's been so long since I've updated the blog :) I've been so busy travelling to India and then my parents came by for a visit. I've been reading but had no time to update :D
I had wanted to read this novel from a long time since I heard quite a lot of reviews about it. I found it interesting. It is about the girl Akhila who get a one-way ticket and travels in the Ladies coupe to Kanyakumari. She meets five other women ( Janaki, Margaret Shanti, Prabha Devi, Sheela and Marikolanthu) and listens to each one's story about their life and problems.
How Akhila listens to their stories and comes to a conclusion about her life is the entire novel. I liked it because it gave interesting perspectives into the lives of different kinds of women. Akhila wants to know the answer to her question - Can a woman stay single and be happy, or does a woman need a man to feel complete? Interesting novel!
4 comments:
lend it to me if you come to Gurgaon :D And good to see you back.
@Mridula - I borrowed it from a library here :D hehe would love to see how Gurgaon is. I'm interested after seeing what beautiful snaps you take!
Welcome back ! Had been waiting for long. :)
I have heard about this novel, now want to read after your seal. :-)
@Nisha - do let me know when you read it and if u liked it too!
Post a Comment