Sister of my Heart - Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni

on Monday, June 14, 2010

I liked this book. It talks about Anju and Sudha who are cousins. Anju is the daughter of the Chaterjee family and Sudha is the daughter of a cousin of hte same family. Sudha is very beautiful while Anju is not. Despite this and being born on the same day (i.e. the day their father died), they are sisters of the heart. They are very close to each other.
One day, Sudha learns a secret that threatens to destroy the closeness between the two. Eventually both of them get married and Anju leaves for the US and Sudha is in India. The story continues in the second part - The vine of desire.


4 comments:

Mridula said...

You are really reading this author's books one after the other!

Doli said...

@Mridula - hehe yeah I had placed a hold on these books and all of them became available simultaneously

starry eyed said...

I did love this book...the characterisation is awesome!

Doli said...

@Starry eyed - me too me too!