I really enjoyed this novel. For me, it was like a Indian version of Harry Potter :) with all magic involved. Anand is in the Silver Valley and his mentor, Abhaydatta, is sent to save a village. Anand gets a vision where in he feels his mentor is in grave danger. He tries to convince the Elders about this fact, but doesn't wait for their answer and sets out with Nisha to find Abhaydatta with the help of the "conch" - a magical and powerful object. In the process he ends up in olden times of the Nawab and Haider Ali. Quite an interesting read! I loved it!
The mirror of fire and dreaming - Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
Posted by Doli on Monday, June 14, 2010Labels: Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni, Magic
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Looks like you are enjoying this author!
@Mridula - Yep I am!
Post a Comment