This is the first book that I had to read as part of my interaction as a pen pal of a student here. It was fun to read the book and think of it from the perspective of a 9 year old. I had to motivate the girl to read the book and also, give my thoughts on certain things in the book. It was a nice read for kids because it shows many values i.e. the value of not giving up when everything is against you. Also lots of news words are learnt.
As for the book, it is the story of King Tut died and how he was buried in a secret location. Years later, the archaeologist Howard Carter starts to search for Egyptian treasure for nearly five years with no success and suddenly through his persistence finds the tomb! I really liked the pictures of things in the book :)
6 comments:
I remember you talked about this before and so nice of you to continue reading to the young.
Yes, it feels so nice. I'm waiting for the next book that the class will select to read :)
A book on King Tut! I might actually read. I have always been so interested in knowing more about him and the pyramids. Have you seen those shows on History channel? They had a couple of episodes on them.
@evanescentthoughts - Yes, it's nice... it's mainly for kids though! I haven't seen the History channel episodes. will keep an eye for it!
Lovely concept e-pals. I'm so glad to know someone who's doing this and hoping to hear more about it from you.
Wishing you all that's good, Doli!
Take care.
Corinne
@Corinne - Yes, I'm having a good time!
Post a Comment