Interesting use of time

on Thursday, February 18, 2010

I have always liked to read and also to volunteer for activities. When I found an opportunity that combined these two, I was elated. Here in the US, we have a site called epals. What it expects is that certain books are read by a student and you(the penpal) and then it starts a series of discussion between you and the student through secure email.

The book chosen for us this semester is Tut's Mummy: Lost...And Found - Judy Donnelly. I'm excited on how to motivate a young person to read and enjoy a book! It's my first time being a pen pal!

8 comments:

Mridula said...

I am sure you will be great at it, given the interest you have in reading. Do give us more updates of how it went.

Swaram said...

Oh Wow! Thatz really interesting Doli :) Gud luck and hope u enjoy dng it :) Cheers!

Doli said...

@Mridula -I'm very excited.. I will definitely post my experiences on this
@Swaram- Thank you :) I hope I am able to motivate the little girl..

Smitha said...

That sounds a really fun and interesting thing to do. Hope both you and the student have a wonderful time!

Nisha said...

I had heard about this concept but didn't know how it would work. Now we'll know for sure. :-)

Doli said...

@Smitha - Yep, Im having a nice time with the student :)
@Nisha - Yes, I will post another update soon!

Anonymous said...

oh that's really good. I did not know about this. I might actually register myself because volunteering for reading is something that I would infact love to do. Let me check that website. Hope you are enjoying it.

Doli said...

@evanescentthoughts - Yes, it's a very nice use of time! I'm enjoying it...