Rachel goes with her friend Kit to Rome sometime after she learns of her husband Nick's infidelity. She calls him up from Rome and doesnt get through and hence thinks that he is again having an affair. So she roams the streets of Rome alone and ends up sleeping with a man. She is sorry afterwards but hesistates to tell Nick because they are just getting back and things are going well for them.
Suddenly out of the blue, Kit starts blackmailing Rachel ( threatening to reveal Rachel's infidelity to Nick) for money for her mother's treatment. Rachel initially gives in to the demands thinking it is for Kit's mother. But she comes to know later on that Kit is using the money for herself. She is confused as to why Kit has changed so much. Later on in the story, Nick comes to know everything and is enraged as to why Kit is blackmailing Rachel and pushes her off the balcony leading to Kit's death. Then follows a big court case where in they are arrested and then released. Later on in the end, Rachel finds out that the person who Nick slept with for a week was Kit. This devastates her and she leaves Nick. I was so shocked by the story. It was so sad that these things happen in real life :(
2 comments:
Doli I know but much worse stuff happens I presume.
hmm I felt so sad after reading that book that people can do all these things :(
Post a Comment