It is a story of Philaes Fogg along with his servant cum valet Passepartout who undertake a journey around the world. Philaes has placed a bet with his friends that he can go around the world in eighty days for £20,000.
While reaching India from Europe, they come across a sati due to happen. They manage to save the lady Aouda and convince her to come with them to Hong Kong where she has an uncle and can stay with him. Upon reaching Hong Kong, they come to know that her uncle has moved back to Europe. So Philaes and Passespartout convince Aouda to travel along with them since their end destination is London. In between of all this, there is a detective Fix who suspects that Philaes is a robber :) Amidst all his efforts to try to delay Philaes so that he can arrest him, Philaes still manages to win his wager :) Really good book! I liked the story line a lot
2 comments:
I have read this one too and I also liked it.
Yeah me too! I thought you would have read this book
Post a Comment