The first time - Joy Fielding

on Thursday, January 27, 2011

I was having a hazy feeling when I picked this book that I had read it earlier before. I wasn't 100% sure though, so I started reading and by the first chapter, I realised I had read it before :D to my surprise I hadn't reviewed it here. It is an interesting one and brings up lots of issues. Mattie Hart is married to Jake and has a teenage daughter Kim. Jake is leaving her and is with another woman Honey Novak. Then tragedy strikes and Mattie has Lou Gehrig's disease. Jake feels guilty and comes back and starts living with Mattie and Kim again. Unresolved issues start coming back and the three of them are forced to deal with it. Nice book :)

2 comments:

Mridula said...

Yes it sounds nice and complicated. :D

Doli said...

hahah yes it is :D