The White Tiger - Arvinda Adiga

on Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I ll be frank :) When this novel was suggested to me by one of my friends M, I was excited to see a Mangalorean author :P heheheh so ran and grabbed this book from the library. Well, the book is written in a weird way :)

The style is so much different from the authors I usually read. But I persisted and read along. And I really liked the way he evolved the story about the driver Balram Halwai and his master. The driver narrates a series about his life and how he came to kill his master. All in all, a good novel, if you can overcome his different style of writing

4 comments:

lak said...

Hi Doli, Interesting blog--book reviews! Thanks for dropping by; btw how did you come by my blog? I have not put up my short stories on the blog, because I'd like them to be read in print first. Do visit my other blog too.

Hip Grandma said...

I saw this book on the stands and wondered whether to buy it or not.i think i should have.As for the Kitchen God's Wife, I've read it and felt sorry for the main women characters.

Doli said...

@Lak - I came through your blog through lots of blogs. Unfortunately I dont remember through which one :) Which is your other blog?

Doli said...

@Hip Grandma - Do tell me if you finally read the book :) Yeah Kitchen God's wife was a good one which I enjoyed reading